Make the most of your business listing
When listing a business on GoCoast – or anywhere for that matter, it pays to think like an idiot.
It sounds harsh, but the reality is – we don’t really take the time to proof read things when we search, this can effect the way your business is seen.
We live in a time where we assume Google is going to correct us and point us in the right direction, but this isn’t always the case, read through the following Tips & Tricks to maximize your customer reach.
1. Tag like a boss.
Tags are possibly the most important feature of GoCoast, and its often overlooked, without them, there’s a good chance no one will look to you for what they need.
What tags should I use?
Let’s make up a business to use as an example – let’s call it Kotanui Island Takeaways,
because i’m certain there is no takeaway shops on that little rock off of Matakatia Bay.
At Kotanui, we pride ourselves in having only the freshest fish, caught daily, served with hot chips, however you like them – at affordable prices!
- – Firstly, let’s create tags for the business name. Seperate all words with a comma and a space. For example, “Kotanui, Island, Takeaways,” (Enter) Now we’ve created three separate tags which will help people find Takeaways, on and un-populated island.
- – Secondly, we’re going to have a long hard thing about what customers would search for, if they were craving fish & chips. So let’s do tags for Fish, and, chips. Then we can move through the entire menu… “Donut, kumara, spring roll, pineapple, fritter, potato, crumbed, battered, sausage” You could be here all day! But its worth it!
- – Last, we need to think about all the buzz words, things benefits of choosing you over other businesses, these could be… “fresh, tasty, hot, daily, catch, gluten free, crunchy, best”
Now if someone searches – “Best crumbed snapper”, you’re going to show first because you tagged like a boss.
2. Tasty imagery.
Visuals sell. Sure, this does depend on the business model, but for the most part, branding and imagery is key to giving your business a voice, most people will make their mind up on whether they trust you within the first few moments of seeing your marketing.
Importance of the “Featured Image”
Use the Featured Image to hook your customer, this is the image that will show on search results and on the homepage.
For best results your Featured Image should meet the following criteria;
- – Be the most professional photo you have available, if you have a premium listing, we can organise to have some taken for you.
- – The Featured Image should clearly describe what your business is about and the services you offer.
- – We don’t recommend using the featured image for your logo, unless you have design tools to create an overlay like the above example. If you wish to place your logo on your listing, we recommend you insert it into the description area.
Add a gallery
You can use the gallery function to add images, these will show at the top of your listing.
For best results your gallery should meet the following criteria;
- – Be the most professional photos you have available, if you have a premium listing, we can organise to have some taken for you.
- – Avoid using stock imagery, real scenario images help generate trust with clients, and set a clear expectation.
- – Do not upload your menus or service lists to the gallery, there is a menu feature where you can upload these.
- – Get professional photos taken! It’s not expensive, talk to us and we’ll arrange this for you!
3. Get Reviewed.
Friends and family are a great way to get your business rated which will help customers choose whether they go with you, or someone down the road.
Our review system is heavily monitored, and we don’t take bullying lightly. If you have any concerns with reviews, please contact the support team.
4. Run Campaigns.
For as little as $5, you can create advert campaigns that will ensure your business is promoted throughout the site and search results.
As an added bonus, you can share with us any promotions you are having, and we will promote these through social media and email channels along side your campaign to maximize your reach!
5. Marketing Solutions.
Check out our Marketing Solutions page to see a full range additional services that we can provide, creative, printing, signage and more!